Technical Product Manager - Infrastructure
What You Will Do:
- Bring your technical expertise and judgement to bear, managing multiple interdependent projects across a wide range of technologies and teams.
- Help define the vision and roadmap for all infrastructure teams, establish project plans, and help teams exceed their goals.
- Remove roadblocks, increase developer velocity, and speed up releases and launches.
- Collaborate effectively with engineers as well as technical and product leadership to set project priorities and build realistic schedules.
- Challenge proposals where necessary and build consensus. You should be as happy explaining your projects to engineers as you are to executives.
- Play Well With Others: Build strong relationships across the organization to ensure requests are met and we deliver high quality products to our internal customers.
We Are Looking For:
- Fascination with New Technologies: You’re up to date on all the latest innovations in infrastructure technologies and open-source and can critically appraise their fit for Yelp’s needs.
- Experience with large scale open-source distributed systems like Kafka, Cassandra, Mesos, as well as cloud infrastructure like AWS.
- Problem Solver: Love to think analytically about complex problems and figure out ways to make systems more efficient.
- Techie Cred: CS or similar degree so you can talk to our engineers about their design approach and its impact on the product’s roadmap.
- Experience with very high availability mission critical core infrastructure.
- A Conditional Love for Yelp: You should love us but also be able to tell us what we're doing wrong.
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Senior Training Manager, Local Sales
Sahr runs Yelp's Sales Training Team in San Francisco. Combining friendly fun with hands-on learning, she shows new hires how to shine on the sales floor.
Back to top