Strategic Sourcing - Technology
What You Will Do:
- Assist in the technology sourcing process, including strategy, identifying the right potential partners, outreach, competitive bidding, pricing & contract negotiation, PO processing, and contract approval.
- Develop strong relationships externally with vendor partners and internally with business stakeholders.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously, from quick contract renewals to in-depth new strategic partnerships.
- Organize a large database of partnerships, be data-driven, and provide clear reporting back to management on the status of renewals or other important contract terms.
- Analyze spend and other data, monitor purchasing activity, and conduct benchmarking.
- Work with the IT Logistics teams and Corporate Infrastructure leaders across Yelp sites to manage hardware & software license forecasts and fulfill procurement needs.
- Create purchase requisitions as needed and follow through to payment; ensure that all contracts are executed and cataloged.
- Monitor purchase order status: track production, shipping, & receiving status of shipments
We Are Looking For:
- Solid understanding of Strategic Sourcing, ideally Tech Sourcing (software, hardware, telco, or datacenter), and at least 2-4 years of total work experience.
- Tech credibility - the ability to work seamlessly with engineering and other internal teams on a wide range of tech-related needs.
- Analytical experience grounded in strong business/finance fundamentals.
- Outstanding communication skills in all forms - written, presentation, & negotiation.
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Senior Training Manager, Local Sales
Sahr runs Yelp's Sales Training Team in San Francisco. Combining friendly fun with hands-on learning, she shows new hires how to shine on the sales floor.
Back to top