Software Engineering Manager (m/f/d)
Founded in July 2004, Yelp has been connecting people with great local businesses for 15 years, and in that time has grown into a top 20 digital property (1) in the US. Beyond that, it has taken root in 32 countries across the globe and established itself as the local guide for real word-of-mouth on everything from boutiques and mechanics to restaurants and dentists.
Our Hamburg office is located in the heart of the city and brings with it the unique advantages of booming international teams totaling over 60 engineers. We’re looking for an engineering manager to build and grow a team of highly motivated and skilled engineers that work on a variety of platforms, including backend, web, iOS, and Android.
What You Will Do:
- Help the team stay happy and productive by removing obstacles and optimizing team processes
- Coach and mentor engineers of all experience levels, from recent graduates to senior engineers
- Work closely with recruiting to grow the team
- Lead challenging technical projects
- Roll up your sleeves and code alongside your team when needed
- Foster and grow in a fun, diverse, and inclusive culture that reflects Yelp’s values
What We Are Looking For:
- Previous experience as a project lead, team lead, or manager with excellent people management skills and the ability to hire and grow a talented team of engineers
- An emotionally open and empathic communicator
- A “people first” approach and a deep care for healthy team culture
- Agile development experience and an aim for excellent engineering quality
What We Offer:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, an awesome team, and a dynamic work environment
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase program
- 30 days paid vacation per year
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Thursdays
- Regular 3-day Hackathons and weekly learning groups, always with interesting topics
- Opportunities to participate in events and conferences throughout Europe
- Complementary elective German lessons for international employees
- Subsidization of your public transportation card and €50 per month toward any exercise of your choice
- Monthly personal development allowance
- Central location, a fully stocked kitchen, adjustable sitting/standing desks, team events, happy hours, foosball, and more!
Yelp values diversity. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to Race/Ethnic Origin, Sex, Religion/Belief, Disability, Age, Sexual Orientation.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top