Software Engineer - Security
What You Will Do:
- Develop and deploy authentication and security related components of Yelp’s website and mobile apps.
- Develop libraries used across multiple Yelp apps for secure communication and data storage.
- Pair with mobile, frontend, and backend teams to architect and develop features in a secure, and scalable manner.
- Validate and remediate vulnerabilities reported in our bug bounty.
We Are Looking For:
- While previous application security experience is a plus, we are looking for strong software generalists first, with an interest in application security.
- Understanding of HTML5, current, and emerging browser security models.
- Understanding of PKI and key management.
- 3-5 years of software engineering experience.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Experience with AWS and SoA.
- Experience with securing iOS and Android applications.
- Security research or pen testing experience.
See Inside the Office of Yelp
Yelp is an online guide and mobile app that connects people with great local businesses. With instant access to millions of reviews, Yelp helps users locate local hot spots, make reservations, and order their favorite foods. Yelpers can read helpful tips, view photos, and chat about dos and don’ts before planning their own fun-filled experiences.
Back to top