Software Engineer - Revenue
What You Will Do:
- Design, build and deploy highly scalable REST APIs and workflow systems.
- Learn the fine art of balancing scale, latency and availability depending on the problem.
- Build mission-critical data pipelines and our realtime data warehouse.
- Write code, document, participate in code reviews, and mentor other engineers.
- Collaborate with product management and other engineers to understand and tackle new use cases and challenges.
We Are Looking For:
- A passion for architecting distributed, service-oriented systems for scale.
- Solid understanding of and interest in elegant API designs.
- Knowledge of data pipelines, data warehousing and streaming solutions using technologies such as Kafka, Storm and Redshift.
- Deep understanding of tradeoffs between service reliability and long-term technical design.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis.
- Fluency in Python, C, C++, Java, or a similar language.
- Battle-proven SQL knowledge.
- Comfortable working in a Unix environment.
- Minimum BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Math, or related degree.
- A craving for new knowledge and challenges!
- Familiarity with AWS based technologies such as SWF, Step Functions (SFN), SQS, S3 and Redshift.
- Experience building subscription, payment and billing systems at scale.
- Experience working cross-functionally with finance, business operations and analytics organizations.
- Experience in software design that involves complex integrations with other systems.
- Active contributor to open source software.
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Senior Training Manager, Local Sales
Sahr runs Yelp's Sales Training Team in San Francisco. Combining friendly fun with hands-on learning, she shows new hires how to shine on the sales floor.
Back to top