Software Engineer - Revenue
What You Will Do:
- Design, build and deploy highly scalable REST APIs and workflow systems.
- Learn the fine art of balancing scale, latency and availability depending on the problem.
- Build mission-critical data pipelines and our realtime data warehouse.
- Write code, document, participate in code reviews, and mentor other engineers.
- Collaborate with product management and other engineers to understand and tackle new use cases and challenges.
We Are Looking For:
- A passion for architecting distributed, service-oriented systems for scale.
- Solid understanding of and interest in elegant API designs.
- Knowledge of data pipelines, data warehousing and streaming solutions using technologies such as Kafka, Storm and Redshift.
- Deep understanding of tradeoffs between service reliability and long-term technical design.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis.
- Fluency in Python, C, C++, Java, or a similar language.
- Battle-proven SQL knowledge.
- Comfortable working in a Unix environment.
- Minimum BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Math, or related degree.
- A craving for new knowledge and challenges!
- Familiarity with AWS based technologies such as SWF, Step Functions (SFN), SQS, S3 and Redshift.
- Experience building subscription, payment and billing systems at scale.
- Experience working cross-functionally with finance, business operations and analytics organizations.
- Experience in software design that involves complex integrations with other systems.
- Active contributor to open source software.
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Software Engineer - Mobile Development (Android)
Carmen works on the Android Team, writing code and programming features for Yelp’s mobile app. She connects members to the online community and places Yelp’s resources at their fingertips.
Back to top