Software Engineer - Release Engineering
What You Will Do:
- Support and improve our tools for continuous build, automated testing, source control, and release management.
- Rapidly deliver and maintain high-performance, scalable systems, tools and processes to meet the needs of our rapidly growing engineering teams.
- Work closely with other engineers within your group and across the entire product engineering organizations.
We Are Looking For:
- Command of your favorite programming language: Python, Ruby, Java, C++.
- Knowledge and experience working with tools such as git, build systems, package managers (PyPi, npm, RubyGem), isolated development environments (virtualenv, rbenv, docker).
- Comfortable working in a Unix environment.
- Ability to collaborate and share ideas with other teams.
- If you don't have at least one year of experience in a similar role, please take a look at our College Engineering roles instead!
- Love of Python.
- Contributions to open source and/or a desire to contribute more.
- Experience with software engineering best practices: unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, excellent debugging, troubleshooting skills.
- Working knowledge of web infrastructure and distributed systems.
- Previously released a user-facing project.
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Software Engineer - Mobile Development (Android)
Carmen works on the Android Team, writing code and programming features for Yelp’s mobile app. She connects members to the online community and places Yelp’s resources at their fingertips.
Back to top