Software Engineer - Release Engineering
What You Will Do:
- Support and improve our tools for continuous build, automated testing, source control, and release management.
- Rapidly deliver and maintain high-performance, scalable systems, tools and processes to meet the needs of our rapidly growing engineering teams.
- Work closely with other engineers within your group and across the entire product engineering organizations.
We Are Looking For:
- Command of your favorite programming language: Python, Ruby, Java, C++.
- Knowledge and experience working with tools such as git, build systems, package managers (PyPi, npm, RubyGem), isolated development environments (virtualenv, rbenv, docker).
- Comfortable working in a Unix environment.
- Ability to collaborate and share ideas with other teams.
- If you don't have at least one year of experience in a similar role, please take a look at our College Engineering roles instead!
- Love of Python.
- Contributions to open source and/or a desire to contribute more.
- Experience with software engineering best practices: unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, excellent debugging, troubleshooting skills.
- Working knowledge of web infrastructure and distributed systems.
- Previously released a user-facing project.
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Senior Training Manager, Local Sales
Sahr runs Yelp's Sales Training Team in San Francisco. Combining friendly fun with hands-on learning, she shows new hires how to shine on the sales floor.
Back to top