Software Engineer - Productivity Engineering
Yelp connects people with great local businesses, and local businesses know it. More than 163,000 businesses subscribe to Yelp’s advertising and page upgrade products today, and those happy customers account for the majority of our current revenue. However, local business advertising is still a rapidly growing market, and there are millions of business owners who aren’t customers yet. That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for Engineers who are comfortable working on tools for our fast paced Sales and Marketing teams, increasing the productivity of our 3,000+ rep strong sales org. We are responsible for the overall experience of a sales rep, driving them leads, helping them close quickly, and ensuring that they are compensated. We are constantly adapting to new sales strategies and products to continue to drive new revenue to Yelp.
Yelp engineering culture is driven by our values: we’re a cooperative team that values individual authenticity, and encourages “unboring” solutions to problems. New hires are expected to deploy working code their first week, and your impact will only grow from there with the support of your manager, mentor and team. At the end of the day, we are all about helping our users, growing as engineers, and having fun in a collaborative environment.
We Are Looking For:
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Deep understanding of and interest in elegant API designs.
- Mastery of at least one programming language - Python, Objective-C, Java, etc.
- Proven SQL knowledge.
- Experience working in a test-driven development environment.
- Comfortable working in a Unix environment.
- A craving for new knowledge and challenges.
- If you don't have at least one year of experience in a similar role, please take a look at our College Engineering roles instead!
- Experience working with Data Science or Machine Learning teams.
- Love of Python.
- Excitement about the challenges of internationalization, scalability, and performance.
- Active contributor to open source software.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top