Software Engineer - Metrics (London)
What You Will Do:
- Design, build and deploy software systems that run 24/7 at great and increasing scale.
- Help your fellow engineers design, build, and analyse metrics and monitoring systems for applications they’re building.
- Tune metrics pipelines to handle tremendous volumes of data with high reliability.
- Develop custom tools and automate processes to find answers to challenging questions and reveal the unknown.
- Write code, document, participate in code reviews, and mentor other engineers.
- Support the systems you’ve built in a follow-the-sun on call rotation.
What We Are Looking For:
- Strong knowledge of distributed systems and application design, with an understanding of operational and reliability trade-offs.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis.
- A hunger for tracking down root causes -- no matter how deep it takes you -- and fixing them in systematic ways.
- Strong understanding of operating systems, file systems, networking, and web technology.
- Experience with cloud computing services like AWS.
- Experience with configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, CFEngine), monitoring (Nagios, Sensu, Monit), and metrics (Graphite, statsd, fullerite).
- Fluency in Python, C, C++, Java, or a similar language.
- Ability to work well with and influence many personality types at all levels of the organization.
- Experience building and supporting large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience working at a large-scale consumer web site.
- Experience using and maintaining Splunk.
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Software Engineer - Mobile Development (Android)
Carmen works on the Android Team, writing code and programming features for Yelp’s mobile app. She connects members to the online community and places Yelp’s resources at their fingertips.
Back to top