Software Engineer - Metrics (London)
What You Will Do:
- Design, build and deploy software systems that run 24/7 at great and increasing scale.
- Help your fellow engineers design, build, and analyse metrics and monitoring systems for applications they’re building.
- Tune metrics pipelines to handle tremendous volumes of data with high reliability.
- Develop custom tools and automate processes to find answers to challenging questions and reveal the unknown.
- Write code, document, participate in code reviews, and mentor other engineers.
- Support the systems you’ve built in a follow-the-sun on call rotation.
What We Are Looking For:
- Strong knowledge of distributed systems and application design, with an understanding of operational and reliability trade-offs.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis.
- A hunger for tracking down root causes -- no matter how deep it takes you -- and fixing them in systematic ways.
- Strong understanding of operating systems, file systems, networking, and web technology.
- Experience with cloud computing services like AWS.
- Experience with configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, CFEngine), monitoring (Nagios, Sensu, Monit), and metrics (Graphite, statsd, fullerite).
- Fluency in Python, C, C++, Java, or a similar language.
- Ability to work well with and influence many personality types at all levels of the organization.
- Experience building and supporting large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience working at a large-scale consumer web site.
- Experience using and maintaining Splunk.
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Senior Training Manager, Local Sales
Sahr runs Yelp's Sales Training Team in San Francisco. Combining friendly fun with hands-on learning, she shows new hires how to shine on the sales floor.
Back to top