Software Engineer - Local Search (Search Infrastructure)
What You Will Do:
- Design, develop and deploy infrastructure used in production that will effectively scale and enables more efficient development.
- Prototype creative approaches to reduce latency of indexing and query time requests.
- Troubleshoot complex search related latency issues.
- Work with data mining engineers to ensure good infrastructure decisions.
We Are Looking For:
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented principles and interest in elegant API designs.
- Strong Linux or *BSD experience.
- Industry experience developing reliable high-performing Java services.
- Industry experience with distributed systems.
- Experience with continuous integration systems like Jenkins.
- A real passion for local search.
- Minimum BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Math, or related field.
- 3+ years industry experience.
- Industry experience with Elasticsearch, Lucene, Kafka, Cassandra, Guice and Dropwizard.
- PhD in Computer Science with focus on distributed systems or related field.
- You quickly pick up new technologies, tools and platform.
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Jorge creates new artifacts and features for Yelp’s website. He makes sure that tools are scalable, and that Yelp can support the increase in traffic as it expands around the world.
Back to top