Software Engineer - iOS (Toronto)
No app is better suited for mobile than Yelp. When local content meets location-aware devices that go everywhere with us, Yelp connects you with that great local businesses right around the corner and lets you instantly share the experience to help the next person discover it, too. It’s no wonder there are 30 million users of our apps each month!
Our relatively small iOS community has a massive impact on the lives of millions. We help small business owners engage with their customers and build better connections. Yelp has always been on the cutting edge of iOS, launching our consumer iOS app over 10 years ago, more recently we launched the business owners app, and we continue pushing the envelope of what’s possible on iOS.
Yelp engineering culture is driven by our values: we’re a cooperative team that values individual authenticity and encourages “unboring” solutions to problems. We enable all new engineers to deploy working code their first week, and your impact will only grow from there with the support of your manager, mentor, and team. At the end of the day, we are all about helping our users, growing as engineers, and having fun in a collaborative environment.
Where You Come In:
- You will build new features in the Yelp app to connect people with great local businesses.
- You will improve and iterate on existing functionality to reliably give our users a smooth experience.
- You will mentor other engineers and share the skills you’ve learned.
- You will be expected to continue to learn, grow, and help us take on brand new challenges.
- You will be a key part of the larger iOS developer community at Yelp.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You have 2+ years of relevant industry experience.
- You have an understanding of the iOS platform (Objective-C or Swift, preferably both).
- You have experience with iOS testing, from breaking controller logic into unit-testable pieces to automated UI testing.
- You have an eagerness to embrace scalability, reliability, and performance challenges.
Yelp values diversity. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top