Love working on iOS applications? No app is better suited for mobile than Yelp, and we're looking for Remote iOS engineers based out of Canada to join our awesome team. Yelp connects you with that great local businesses right around the corner and lets you instantly share the experience to help the next person discover it, too.
Local businesses are turning to Yelp because we’re uniquely positioned to help them reach their customers during these challenging times. Our Engineering & Product teams have responded by quickly identifying their needs and building innovative products and features to support them. Our commitment to connecting people with great local businesses has never been stronger.
Our relatively small iOS community has a massive impact on the lives of millions. We help small business owners engage with their customers and build better connections. Yelp has always been on the cutting edge of iOS, launching our consumer iOS app over 10 years ago, more recently we launched the business owners app, and we continue pushing the envelope of what’s possible on iOS.
Yelp engineering culture is driven by our values: we’re a cooperative team that values individual authenticity and encourages “unboring” solutions to problems. We enable all new engineers to deploy working code their first week, and your impact will only grow from there with the support of your manager, mentor, and team. At the end of the day, we are all about helping our users, growing as engineers, and having fun in a collaborative environment.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
This opportunity is fully remote and does not require you to be located in any particular area in Canada. We welcome applicants from throughout Canada.
Where You Come In:
- Build new features in the Yelp app to connect people with great local businesses.
- Improve and iterate on existing functionality to reliably give our users a smooth experience.
- Mentor other engineers and share the skills you’ve learned.
- You will be expected to continue to learn, grow, and help us take on brand new challenges.
- You will be a key part of the larger iOS developer community at Yelp.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- Ideally 2 years of mobile development experience.
- An understanding of the iOS platform (Objective-C or Swift, preferably both).
- Experience with iOS testing, from breaking controller logic into unit-testable pieces to automated UI testing.
- Eagerness to embrace scalability, reliability, and performance challenges.
- Vaccination against COVID-19 is not required for this role. We nonetheless encourage all employees to get vaccinated. Employees who are not vaccinated may not visit Yelp’s offices or participate in any in-person work activities, and are not eligible to transfer or be promoted to a role that requires vaccination.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other protected status.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.