Software Engineer - iOS
- London, United Kingdom
No app is better suited for mobile than Yelp. When local content meets location-aware devices that go everywhere with us, Yelp connects with that great local businesses right around the corner and lets you instantly share the experience to help the next person discover it, too. It’s no wonder there are over 30 million users of our apps each month!
Our relatively small iOS community has had a massive impact on the lives of millions, reaching users from around the globe and helping small business owners engage with their customers and build better connections. Yelp has always been on the cutting edge of iOS. From launching our consumer app over 10 years ago, to more recently introducing our business owners app, we continue pushing the envelope of what’s possible on iOS.
Where You Come In:
- Build new features in the Yelp app to connect people with great local businesses
- Improve and iterate on existing functionality to reliably give our users a smooth experience
- Mentor other engineers and share the skills you’ve learned
- Continue to learn, grow, and help us take on brand new challenges
- Be a key part of the larger iOS developer community at Yelp
What it Takes to Succeed:
- Several years of relevant industry experience
- An understanding of the iOS platform (Swift)
- Experience with iOS testing, from breaking controller logic into unit-testable pieces to automated UI testing
- An eagerness to embrace scalability, reliability, and performance challenges
What You’ll Get:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, an awesome team, and a dynamic work environment
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase program
- 25 days paid holiday initially, rising to 29 with service
- Private health insurance, including dental and vision
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays
- Regular 3-day Hackathons and weekly learning groups, always with interesting topics
- Opportunities to participate in events and conferences throughout Europe and the US
- Public transportation season ticket loan and £58 per month toward any exercise of your choice
- Central location, a fully stocked kitchen, adjustable sitting/standing desks, quarterly offsites, locally roasted coffee, happy hours, and more!
Yelp values diversity. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to Age, Disability, Gender Reassignment, Marriage or Civil Partnership, Pregnancy and Maternity, Race, Religion or Belief, Sex.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resume
Back to top