No app is better suited for mobile than Yelp. When local content meets location-aware devices that go everywhere with us, Yelp connects you with that great local business right around the corner and lets you instantly share the experience to help the next person discover it, too. It’s no wonder there are 30 million users of our apps each month!
Our relatively small iOS community has a massive impact on the lives of millions. From restaurant reservations, to review writing, to helping small business owners engage with people, there are so many opportunities to build great local products on iOS. Yelp has always been on the cutting edge of iOS, launching our iOS app over 10 years ago
, and we continue pushing the envelope of what’s possible on iOS.
Yelp engineering culture is driven by our values: we’re a cooperative team that values individual authenticity and encourages “unboring” solutions to problems. We enable all new engineers to deploy working code their first week, and your impact will only grow from there with the support of your manager, mentor, and team. At the end of the day, we are all about helping our users, growing as engineers, and having fun in a collaborative environment.
What You Will Do:
- Build new features in the Yelp app to connect people with great local businesses.
- Improve and iterate on existing functionality to reliably give our users a smooth experience.
- Mentor other engineers and share the skills you’ve learned.
- Continue to learn, grow, and help us take on brand new challenges.
- Be a key part of the larger iOS developer community at Yelp.
We Are Looking For:
- Understanding of the iOS platform (Objective-C or Swift, preferably both).
- Experience with iOS testing, from breaking controller logic into unit-testable pieces to automated UI testing.
- Eagerness to embrace scalability, reliability, and performance challenges.
- If you don't have at least one year of experience in a similar role, please take a look at our College Engineering roles instead!
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.