Software Engineer - Fullstack (m/f/d)
- Hamburg, Germany
Our Hamburg office is located in the heart of the city and brings with it the unique advantages of booming international teams, all of whom share the same floor and are brought together by the same goal: empowering Yelp’s products for business owners.
Check out our GitHub page (https://yelp.github.io/) to see what we’re up to!
Where You Come In:
- Design and build new features to connect with Yelp’s business-owner community
- Be responsible for your own projects from day one, bridging the gap between frontend and backend
- Implement beautiful layouts that work across all of Yelp’s platforms (desktop, mobile browsers, and mobile apps)
- Deploy projects in a Service-Oriented Architecture, all the way from backend services to fully-featured UIs
- Run A/B experiments and dive into the resulting data to look for trends
- Collaborate closely with product managers, designers, and other engineering teams
What it Takes to Succeed:
- Based or willing to relocate within Germany
- Experience with at least one dynamic language
- Good understanding of at least one popular server-side framework (Django, Twisted, Rails, Pyramid, CodeIgniter, Play, etc.)
- Desire to learn, share your knowledge, and always improve your engineer-self
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
- Belief in well-tested code
What We Offer:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, an awesome team, and a dynamic work environment
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase program
- 30 days paid vacation per year
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays
- Regular 3-day Hackathons and weekly learning groups, always with interesting topics
- Opportunities to participate in events and conferences throughout Europe
- Subsidization of your public transportation card and €50 per month toward any exercise of your choice
- Monthly personal development allowance
- Central location, a fully stocked kitchen, adjustable sitting/standing desks, team events, happy hours, foosball, and more!
Yelp values diversity. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to Race/Ethnic Origin, Sex, Religion/Belief, Disability, Age, Sexual Orientation.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top