Software Engineer - Full Stack (Remote)
- Toronto, Canada
Want to join a team where your work makes a significant impact and is seen by millions of users? Our full stack engineers work across all areas of product development. You will build the features and applications that make Yelp the best place to find and support Local Businesses. Our goal is to provide an excellent experience for our users, and our full stack engineers dive into any area of the web stack to make it happen.
Full Stack engineers at Yelp have the flexibility to grow their careers across a wide subset of software development. You will have the opportunity to develop highly performant APIs on the backend as well as create the visual components that our users interact with every day. If you enjoy getting a broad understanding of how to build applications at scale, full stack is the role for you.
Yelp engineering culture is driven by our values: we’re a cooperative team that values individual authenticity and encourages creative solutions to problems. We enable all new engineers to deploy working code their first week, and your impact will only grow from there with the support of your manager, mentor and team. At the end of the day, we care most about helping our users, growing as engineers, and having fun in a collaborative environment.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
This opportunity is fully remote and does not require you to be located in the Toronto area. We welcome applicants from throughout Ontario.
Where You Come In:
- Design and build new features to connect Yelp users with businesses at a large scale.
- Implement beautiful features that are modern and responsive.
- Deploy projects in a Service-Oriented Architecture, all the way from backend services to fully-featured UIs.
- Run A/B experiments and dive into the resulting data to look for trends.
- Collaborate closely with product managers, designers, and other engineering teams.
- Mentor other engineers and share the skills you’ve learned.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- Deep understanding of at least one popular server side web framework (Django, Flask, Rails, Pyramid, Laravel, Express, etc.) or modern JS frontend framework (React, Angular, Vue, Ember, etc.).
- Understanding of web security and performance best practices.
- Comfortable working in a Unix Environment.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top