Software Engineer - Full Stack (Remote)
- Toronto, Canada
Want to join a team where your work makes a significant impact? Our full stack engineers bridge the gap between backend data and the frontend websites of Yelp. Our goal is to provide the best user experience to millions of users and we’re excited to dive into any area of the web stack to make it happen.
Yelp engineering culture is driven by our values: we’re a cooperative team that values individual authenticity, and encourages creative solutions to problems. We enable all new engineers to deploy working code their first week, and your impact will only grow from there with the support of your manager, mentor and team. At the end of the day, we are all about helping our users, growing as engineers, and having fun in a collaborative environment.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Please note that this role will operate remotely and is open to all candidates in Canada.
Where You Come In:
- You will design and build new features to connect Yelp with large scale businesses.
- You will implement beautiful layouts that work across all of Yelp’s platforms (desktop, mobile browsers, and mobile apps).
- You will deploy projects in a Service-Oriented Architecture, all the way from backend services to fully-featured UIs.
- You will run A/B experiments and dive into the resulting data to look for trends.
- You will collaborate closely with product managers, designers, and other engineering teams.
- You will mentor other engineers and share the skills you’ve learned.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience in full stack or web development related roles.
- You have a deep understanding of at least one popular server side web framework (Django, Flask, Rails, Pyramid, Laravel, Express, etc.) or modern JS frontend framework (React, Angular, Vue, Ember, etc.)
- You have an understanding of web security and performance best practices.
- You are comfortable working in a Unix Environment.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top