Software Engineer - Full Stack
Our full stack engineers bridge the gap between backend data and the frontend websites of Yelp. Our goal is to provide the best user experience to millions of users and we’re excited to dive into any area of the web stack to make it happen.
Yelp engineering culture is driven by our values: we’re a cooperative team that values individual authenticity, and encourages “unboring” solutions to problems. We enable all new engineers to deploy working code their first week, and your impact will only grow from there with the support of your manager, mentor and team. At the end of the day, we are all about helping our users, growing as engineers, and having fun in a collaborative environment.
What You Will Do:
- Design and build new features to connect Yelp with large scale businesses.
- Implement beautiful layouts that work across all of Yelp’s platforms (desktop, mobile browsers, and mobile apps).
- Deploy projects in a Service-Oriented Architecture, all the way from backend services to fully-featured UIs.
- Run A/B experiments and dive into the resulting data to look for trends.
- Collaborate closely with product managers, designers, and other engineering teams.
- Mentor other engineers and share the skills you’ve learned.
We Are Looking For:
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Deep understanding of at least one popular server side web framework (Django, Flask, Rails, Pyramid, Laravel, Express, etc.) or modern JS frontend framework (React, Angular, Ember, etc.)
- Understanding of web security and performance best practices.
- Comfortable working in a Unix Environment.
- If you don't have at least one year of experience in a similar role, please apply to our College Engineering role instead!
- Experience with React.
- Experience with popular Python libraries/tools (Pyramid, pytest, tox, SQLAlchemy).
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top