Yelp’s mission is to connect people with great local businesses. Hundreds of thousands of local businesses subscribe to Yelp’s advertising and profile upgrade products today, and those happy customers account for the majority of our current revenue. However, local business advertising and profile upgrades are still a rapidly growing market and there are millions of business owners who’ve claimed their Yelp profile, and aren’t customers yet. That’s where you come in.
We are responsible for the end-to-end experience of Yelp’s customers, from getting their attention the very first time they land on our website, to demonstrating ROI every month with the ads and profile products we build. To support our diverse set of products, we are looking for someone who’s passionate about writing good code, developing across a broad suite of technologies, innovating through rapid experimentation, and helping Yelp’s local businesses be successful.
Yelp engineering culture is driven by our values: we’re a cooperative team that values individual authenticity and encourages “unboring” solutions to problems. We enable all new engineers to deploy working code their first week, and your impact will only grow from there with the support of your manager, mentor, and team. At the end of the day, we are all about helping our users, growing as engineers, and having fun in a collaborative environment.
What You Will Do:
- Work with our product and design teams to build features and run experiments as a key member of the monetization team.
- Define the next generation of architecture for the UI application framework while partnering with other frontend-focused engineers.
- Define consistent patterns, reusable components, and standards around coding, testing, and app structure.
- Write clear and concise technical documentation on system designs and implementation.
- Evolve UI technology in line with business needs and changes in technology landscape.
We Are Looking For:
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Knowledge designing, developing, and utilizing component-based architectures.
- Experience with modern webapp and testing frameworks; webpack, jest, enzyme, and/or jasmine.
- Able to work closely with and incorporate feedback from other engineers and product managers.
- Responsiveness to changing needs of the business and ability to craft solutions that solve complex business problems.
- Experience creating exceptional products and building user-centric experiences from conception to launch.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.