Software Engineer - Frontend (Infrastructure)
Are you interested in leading the direction of the web platform for all of Yelp, and helping us adopt open source software like React and GraphQL to suit our needs? Our team supports the engineers who are providing the best user experience to millions of users! We create tooling, set best practices, and define web architecture patterns that scale. Our goal is to enable quick and effortless web development. We routinely tackle hard challenges and care deeply about efficient web infrastructure.
Yelp engineering culture is driven by our values: we’re a cooperative team that values individual authenticity and encourages “unboring” solutions to problems. We enable all new engineers to deploy working code their first week, and your impact will only grow from there with the support of your manager, mentor, and team. At the end of the day, we are all about helping our users, growing as engineers, and having fun in a collaborative environment.
What You Will Do:
- Design and build scalable web tooling/infrastructure/architecture to support our full stack engineers.
- Own engineering projects from design to implementation to deployment and maintenance.
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies to own and solve problems from end-to-end.
- Help establish roadmap and architecture based on technology and Yelp’s needs.
- Write clear and concise technical documentation on system designs and implementation.
- Mentor other engineers and share the skills you’ve learned.
We Are Looking For:
- Experience with modern web tooling; Webpack, Babel, Jest, Enzyme.
- Experience with Unix systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to own a team project from scoping to implementation.
- Responsiveness to changing needs of the business and ability to craft solutions that solve complex business problems.
- Experience making incremental changes to large code bases.
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience.
Yelp values diversity. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top