Software Engineer - Engineering Effectiveness
What you'll do
- Support and improve our tools for continuous build, automated testing, source control, and release management.
- Rapidly deliver and maintain high-performance, scalable systems, tools and processes to meet the needs of our rapidly growing engineering teams.
- Work closely with other engineers within your group and across the entire product engineering organizations.
We are looking for
- Command of your favorite programming language: Python, Ruby, Java, C++.
- Knowledge and experience working with tools such as git, build systems, package managers (PyPi, npm, RubyGem), isolated development environments (virtualenv, rbenv, docker).
- Comfortable working in a Unix environment.
- Ability to collaborate and share ideas with other teams.
- Love of Python.
- Contributions to open source and/or a desire to contribute more.
- Experience with software engineering best practices: unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, excellent debugging, troubleshooting skills.
- Working knowledge of web infrastructure and distributed systems.
- Previously released a user-facing project.
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Jorge creates new artifacts and features for Yelp’s website. He makes sure that tools are scalable, and that Yelp can support the increase in traffic as it expands around the world.
Back to top