Software Engineer - Distributed Systems (London)
What You Will Do:
- Design, build, and deploy software systems that run 24/7 at increasing scale.
- Develop custom tools and automate processes to find answers to challenging questions and reveal the unknown.
- Write code, document, participate in code reviews, and mentor other engineers.
- Support the software your team works on.
What We Are Looking For:
- Strong knowledge of systems and application design, with an understanding of operational and reliability trade-offs.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis.
- Ability to work closely with information retrieval/machine learning experts on big-data problems.
- A hunger for tracking down root causes—no matter how deep it takes you—and fixing them in systematic ways.
- Strong understanding of operating systems, file systems and networking.
- Fluency in Python, C, C++, Java, or a similar language.
- Ability to work well with and influence many personality types at all levels of the organization.
- Experience building large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience at a large-scale consumer internet site.
- Experience with configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, CFEngine), monitoring (Nagios, Sensu, Monit), metrics (Graphite, statsd).
- Experience with cloud computing services like AWS.
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Senior Training Manager, Local Sales
Sahr runs Yelp's Sales Training Team in San Francisco. Combining friendly fun with hands-on learning, she shows new hires how to shine on the sales floor.
Back to top