Software Engineer - Data Mining - NLP
What You Will Do:
- Work with the team to come up with creative ideas for new products and signals, then carry those ideas all the way to launch.
- Explore data to measure the impact of your changes and come up with ideas for how to maximize that impact.
- Work closely with infrastructure engineers to make sure that your algorithms will effectively scale to large data sets and to ensure that the underlying system provides the flexibility needed for your ideas.
- Mentor other engineers who are ramping up.
- Continue to learn, grow, and help us tackle brand new challenges.
- Be a key part of the larger Machine Learning community at Yelp.
We Are Looking For:
- A minimum of 2-years of industry experience in a machine learning, NLP, statistics, or related field.
- A passion for big data and creative ideas for what to do with it.
- The algorithms and data structures experience to make your ideas workable.
- The coding experience to turn those ideas into reality. We use Python. You don’t need to be an expert, but experience is a plus and we will expect you to learn it on the job.
- Minimum BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Math, or related field.
- If you don't have at least two years of experience in a similar role please take a look at our College Engineering roles instead!
- A real passion to make the business-to-consumer messaging experience THE BEST!
- Industry experience with search or ads ranking, online auctions or auction bidding strategies, text analysis or auto complete, messaging or chatbots.
- You quickly pick up new technologies, tools and platforms.
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Senior Training Manager, Local Sales
Sahr runs Yelp's Sales Training Team in San Francisco. Combining friendly fun with hands-on learning, she shows new hires how to shine on the sales floor.
Back to top