Software Engineer - Core Android
What You Will Do:
- Innovate, design, and implement new tools and systems that will improve the development process for dozens of Android engineers.
- Think about the holistic health, structure, and performance of our Android applications and find ways to improve them.
- Mentor other engineers who are learning to wrangle Androids.
- Continue to learn, grow, and help us tackle brand new challenges.
- Be a key part of the larger Android developer community at Yelp.
We Are Looking For:
- Mastery of the Android platform.
- Strong experience with test-driven development.
- Eagerness to embrace scalability, reliability, and performance challenges.
- Familiarity with client/server and API tech stacks.
- Pointers to past mobile applications you’ve built.
- If possible, demonstrable contribution to F/OSS projects.
- If you don't have at least one year of experience in a similar role, please take a look at our College Engineering roles instead!
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Senior Training Manager, Local Sales
Sahr runs Yelp's Sales Training Team in San Francisco. Combining friendly fun with hands-on learning, she shows new hires how to shine on the sales floor.
Back to top