Software Engineer - Backend Infrastructure (Toronto)
What You Will Do:
- Design, build and deploy scalable and reliable infrastructure for backend services and APIs.
- Support and improve our tools for continuous build, automated testing, source control, and release management.
- Rapidly deliver and maintain high-performance, scalable systems, tools and processes to meet the needs of our rapidly growing engineering teams.
- Work closely with other engineers within your group and across the engineering organization.
What We Are Looking For:
- Experience designing scalable infrastructure and backend systems, with an understanding of operational and reliability trade-offs.
- Familiarity with containerization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes etc. and knowledge of distributed systems.
- Proficient in one of Python, Java, C++, or Go.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience, if you have less than 1 year of experience please consider applying for our New Grad positions.
- We are open to remote employees for this role.
See Inside the Office of Yelp
Yelp is an online guide and mobile app that connects people with great local businesses. With instant access to millions of reviews, Yelp helps users locate local hot spots, make reservations, and order their favorite foods. Yelpers can read helpful tips, view photos, and chat about dos and don’ts before planning their own fun-filled experiences.
Back to top