Software Engineer - Application Backend (m/f/d)
- Hamburg, Germany
Want to join a team where your work makes a significant impact? Using the richest source of local business data and user-generated content in the world, Yelp’s application backend engineers work closely with mobile and web developers to generate and power our websites and mobile apps, bringing Yelp’s 190M+ reviews to millions of users all around the world.
Application backend engineers take on a diverse set of challenges across the engineering org, from building products for business owners to get the most out of Yelp, to taking on some of the most meaningful problems in distributed computing and API design.
Where You Come In:
- Build new features on top of our Service-Oriented Architecture
- Iterate quickly using Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment principles
- Articulate a technical vision and execute it
- Give back by mentoring other engineers and sharing the skills you learn
What it Takes to Succeed:
- Based or willing to relocate within Germany or United Kingdom
- Relevant industry experience
- An understanding of and interest in elegant API designs
- Relevant experience in at least one programming language: Python, C, Java, Go, Rust, etc.
- A craving for new knowledge and challenges
What You’ll Get:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, an awesome team, and a dynamic work environment
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase program
- 30 days paid vacation per year
- Flexible working hours
- Regular 3-day Hackathons and weekly learning groups, always with interesting topics
- Opportunities to participate in events and conferences throughout Europe
- Subsidization of your public transportation card and €50 per month toward any exercise of your choice
- Central location, a fully stocked kitchen, adjustable sitting/standing desks, team events, happy hours, foosball, and more!
Yelp values diversity. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to Race/Ethnic Origin, Sex, Religion/Belief, Disability, Age, Sexual Orientation.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top