Yelp is the richest source of local business data and user-generated content in the world, and our application backend engineers use that data to power our websites and mobile apps. As an application backend engineer you’ll be working closely with mobile and web application developers to bring our 100M+ reviews to millions of users all around the world.
Application Backend Engineers are tackling a diverse set of challenges across Yelp engineering. Want to make a huge impact on our users looking for the best local businesses? Build products for business owners to get the most out of Yelp? Tackle some of the most challenging problems in distributed computing and API design? What about making Yelp an authentic, local experience in over thirty countries? We’d love to chat.We are an agile team that creates an amazing experience for millions of Yelpers.
We are engineers. And we are also makers (of burrito bombers), roller girls, pilots, bakers, and cartwheelers. Join our world-class team and be a one of the personalities that make the Yelp culture awesome.
We Are Looking For:
- Solid understanding of and interest in elegant API designs.
- Mastery of at least one programming language - Python, Objective-C, Java, etc.
- Battle-proven SQL knowledge.
- Experience working in a test-driven development environment.
- Comfortable working in a Unix environment.
- Excellent typing ability in the presence of flying nerf darts.
- A craving for new knowledge and challenges!
- Familiarity with mobile and web development.
- Love of Python.
- Excitement about the challenges of internationalization, scalability, and performance.
- Active contributor to open source software.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.