Want to join a remote team where your work makes a significant impact? Yelp is the richest source of local data in the world, and we get to build all that content into location-aware mobile apps. With average build times under a minute, full Kotlin adoption and a state-of-the-art architecture, the Yelp Android team thrives by staying ahead of the curve of the demanding Android world. Be creative, build prototypes, experiment, and ship them to millions of users. Come take our Yelp Android experience to the next level.
Yelp engineering culture is driven by our values: we’re a cooperative team that values individual authenticity, and encourages creative solutions to problems. We enable all new engineers to deploy working code their first week, and your impact will only grow from there with the support of your manager, mentor and team. At the end of the day, we are all about helping our users, growing as engineers, and having fun in a collaborative environment.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
This opportunity is fully remote and does not require you to be located in any particular region. We welcome applicants from throughout British Columbia.
Where You Come In:
- Build new features in Kotlin on top of modern open source foundations (RxJava2, Retrofit, Glide, Koin, etc.).
- Iterate quickly (weekly release cycle, Multi-Module build) on existing functionality to reliably give our users a smooth experience.
- Mentor other engineers and share the skills you’ve learned.
- Be a key part of the larger Android developer community at Yelp.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- Ideally 2 years of relevant industry experience.
- Insistent on a consistent and responsive user experience.
- Eager to embrace challenges with scalability, reliability, and performance.
- Passion for Yelp and its mission to connect people with great local businesses.