Software Engineer - Android
Ready to kick things up a notch? Yelp is the richest source of local data in the world, and we get to build all that content into location-aware mobile apps. With average build times under a minute, full Kotlin adoption and a state-of-the-art architecture, the Yelp Android team thrives by staying ahead of the curve of the demanding Android world. Be creative, build prototypes, experiment, and ship them to millions of users. Come take our Yelp Android experience to the next level.
Yelp engineering culture is driven by our values: we’re a cooperative team that values individual authenticity, and encourages “unboring” solutions to problems. We enable all new engineers to deploy working code their first week, and your impact will only grow from there with the support of your manager, mentor and team. At the end of the day, we are all about helping our users, growing as engineers, and having fun in a collaborative environment.
Where You Come In:
- You will build new features in Kotlin on top of modern open source foundations (RxJava2, Retrofit, Glide, Koin, etc.).
- You will iterate quickly (weekly release cycle, Multi-Module build) on existing functionality to reliably give our users a smooth experience.
- You will mentor other engineers and share the skills you’ve learned.
- You will be a key part of the larger Android developer community at Yelp.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You are insistent on a consistent and responsive user experience.
- You've got an eagerness to embrace challenges with scalability, reliability, and performance.
- You have passion for Yelp and its mission to connect people with great local businesses.
- If you don't have at least one year of experience in a similar role, please take a look at our College Engineering roles instead!
What You'll Get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental
- 15 days PTO (increases with tenure) and 11 paid holidays
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Access to fully stocked Yelp kitchens
- Flexible spending account
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top