Social Media Specialist
You will work with your manager, the marketing team and PR to:
- Monitor all corporate social properties
- Engage with Yelp followers
- Create, manage and post content
- Track key cross-channel social metrics for both corporate and local properties
- Respond and advise in crisis communications settings
- Assist in the creation, coordination, and distribution of campaigns and assets to approximately 150 Community Managers for deployment across ~430 local social handles in the US and Canada
- Tell the Yelp story in an engaging, fun, and shareable way
- Collaborate with your manager (as well as other members of the marketing team) to develop creative content plans and track how well our content is performing, how engaged our followers are, and the overall health of our corporate social media channels.
- Own the execution of all content across platforms, as well as collaborate with our local Community Managers, to support locally-driven social channels in 150+ U.S. Yelp markets.
- Actively respond to inbound with support from @YelpSupport.
- Leverage measurement and listening tools to provide progress reports and mine insights, while continually finding ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives.
- Provide proactive and reactive support for the PR team, including supporting company announcements and during crisis communication events on social media. This includes advising on and planning advance strategies, investigation and response to real-time crises, and using social intelligence tools to divine and provide insights for PR response.
- You must love Yelp - full stop. As the voice of our brands across our channels, you must use excellent judgment when engaging with followers, and have a great instinct for what makes content travel on social media.
- 3-5 years hands on experience managing social properties in a corporate environment with consumer-facing channels/messages.
- Experience with large brand strategy for crisis communications a must.
- Direct experience using social media tools (e.g., Spredfast, Sprinklr, etc.) to manage a large volume of inbound messages and evaluate performance of outbound content across many handles and channels as well as plan plan strategy, investigate crises, and structure alerts.
- Knowledge of key social media platform guidelines, including, but not limited to those associated with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, and Pinterest.
- Experience with photography and/or photo editing software (i.e. Photoshop) a plus.
- Deep social media expertise both from an execution + data standpoint.
- Strong writing skills.
- Self-starter - ability to work independently
- An understanding that social media never sleeps: you may occasionally be working after work hours, particularly in crisis situations.
- BA or BS with focus on communication, advertising and/or marketing.
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Senior Training Manager, Local Sales
Sahr runs Yelp's Sales Training Team in San Francisco. Combining friendly fun with hands-on learning, she shows new hires how to shine on the sales floor.
Back to top