Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
What You Will Do:
- Work closely with developers in supporting new features and services.
- Monitor site stability and performance.
- Scale infrastructure to meet demand.
- Troubleshoot site issues.
- Develop custom tools as necessary.
- Document system design and procedures.
- Participate in light on-call rotation.
We Are Looking For:
- Mastery of Linux or Unix.
- Command of your favorite modern programming language: Python, Ruby, Java, C++, etc.
- Proficiency with configuration management tools like puppet, chef, ansible, etc.
- Solid understanding of fundamental networking technologies.
- Knowledge of best practices related to security, performance, and disaster recovery.
- Experience with web server configuration, monitoring, trending, network design, high availability.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A sense of humor!
- Past experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, or replicated other databases (high availability, scale-out replication).
- Advanced knowledge of network design, management of Juniper network equipment, or BGP.
- Experience at a large-scale consumer internet site.
- Ubuntu distribution familiarity.
- Deep understanding of the Python runtime and ecosystem.
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Software Engineer - Mobile Development (Android)
Carmen works on the Android Team, writing code and programming features for Yelp’s mobile app. She connects members to the online community and places Yelp’s resources at their fingertips.
Back to top