Site Reliability Engineer - Observability
What You Will Do:
- Design, build and deploy software systems that run 24/7 at scale.
- Drive devops best practices by coordinating across many teams and teaching other engineers how to investigate problems.
- Build tooling to identify hot spots and regressions across the infrastructure that put Yelp products at risk.
- Dive deep into our large service-oriented architecture to make it transparent, measurable and tunable.
- Optimize our workflows and products systematically through automation.
We Are Looking For:
- An experienced software engineer, with an interest in metrics and devops.
- Familiarity with performance analysis tools. (e.g. tracers, profilers, debuggers, visualization tools)Fluency in Python, C, C++, Java, or a similar language.
- At least one year of full-time working experience (besides internships).If you don't have at least one year of experience in a similar role, please take a look at our College Engineering roles instead!
- Experience building and supporting large-scale distributed systems that back a consumer app or website.
- Experience exploring datasets and turning performance metrics into easily-understood data visualizations.
- Familiarity with real-user and/or synthetic performance monitoring.
- Experience integrating performance tools into Continuous Integration/Deployment pipelines.
See Inside the Office of Yelp
Yelp is an online guide and mobile app that connects people with great local businesses. With instant access to millions of reviews, Yelp helps users locate local hot spots, make reservations, and order their favorite foods. Yelpers can read helpful tips, view photos, and chat about dos and don’ts before planning their own fun-filled experiences.
Back to top