Senior-Level Software Engineer - Web (m/f)
What You Will Do:
- Design and document new systems.
- Lead cross-platform projects.
- Run experiments and analyze the resulting data.
- Constantly improve the monitoring and alerting of our services.
- Mentor interns or newly-hired engineers.
- Continue to learn, grow, and help us take on brand new challenges.
Technologies We Use:
- Python and popular Python libraries/ tools (e.g., SQLAlchemy, Pylint, tox, PyPI).
- Testing: testify, py.test, Selenium WebDriver.
- API: Swagger, Zipkin.
- Monitoring: Sensu, SignalFX, Splunk.
- DB: MySQL, Cassandra.
We Are Looking For:
- A strong team player who is always looking to improve their skills.
- In-depth command of your favorite scripting and/or programming language.
- Deep understanding of at least one popular server-side MVC framework (Django, Twisted, Rails, Pyramid, CodeIgniter, Play, etc.).
- Understanding of web security best practices.
- Comfortable working in a Unix environment.
- Bonus: Participation in FOSS and interest in public speaking.
What We Offer:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, an awesome team, and a dynamic work environment
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase program
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Thursdays
- Regular 2-day Hackathons and weekly learning groups, always with interesting topics
- Opportunities to participate in events and conferences throughout Europe
- Complementary elective German lessons for international employees
- Subsidization of your public transportation card and €50 per month toward any exercise of your choice
- Monthly personal development allowance
- Central location, a fully stocked kitchen, adjustable sitting/standing desks, team events, happy hours, foosball, and more!
See Inside the Office of Yelp
Yelp is an online guide and mobile app that connects people with great local businesses. With instant access to millions of reviews, Yelp helps users locate local hot spots, make reservations, and order their favorite foods. Yelpers can read helpful tips, view photos, and chat about dos and don’ts before planning their own fun-filled experiences.
Back to top