Senior-Level Software Engineer - Web (Biz Growth Team)
What You Will Do:
- Design and document new systems.
- Lead cross-platform projects.
- Run experiments and analyze the resulting data.
- Constantly improve the monitoring and alerting of our services.
- Mentor interns or newly-hired engineers.
- Continue to learn, grow, and help us tackle brand new challenges.
Technologies We Use:
- Python and popular Python libraries/ tools (e.g., SQLAlchemy, Pylint, tox, PyPI).
- Testing: testify, py.test, Selenium WebDriver.
- API: Swagger, Zipkin.
- Monitoring: Sensu, SignalFX, Splunk.
- DB: MySQL, Cassandra.
We Are Looking For:
- A strong team player who is always looking to improve their skills.
- In-depth command of your favorite scripting and/or programming language.
- Deep understanding of at least one popular server-side MVC framework (Django, Twisted, Rails, Pyramid, CodeIgniter, Play, etc.).
- Understanding of web security best practices.
- Comfortable working in a Unix environment.
- Bonus: Participation in FOSS and interest in public speaking.
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Senior Training Manager, Local Sales
Sahr runs Yelp's Sales Training Team in San Francisco. Combining friendly fun with hands-on learning, she shows new hires how to shine on the sales floor.
Back to top