Want to join a team where your work makes a significant impact and is seen by millions of users? You will build the features and applications that make Yelp the best place to find and support Local Businesses. Our goal is to provide an excellent experience for our users, and our full stack engineers dive into any area of the web stack to make it happen.
We are looking for a senior engineer who is passionate about building and scaling reliable software. You will be working on complex and innovative projects while collaborating with different organizations across Yelp ranging from engineering and product to marketing and sales. On the technical leadership front, you will be involved in the team’s planning spanning multiple quarters. You will also be responsible for coaching and mentoring engineers to maintain a high bar of code quality and maintainability.
Yelp engineering culture is driven by our values: we’re a cooperative team that values individual authenticity and encourages creative solutions to problems. At the end of the day, we care most about helping our users, growing as engineers, and having fun in a collaborative environment.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
This opportunity is fully remote and does not require you to be located in the Ottawa area. We welcome applicants throughout Ontario.
Where You Come In:
- Provide technical mentorship to the group of engineers you work with, enabling them to deliver high-quality solutions on time.
- Architect and lead the implementation of highly-reliable and easy-to-understand products.
- Drive the technical strategy and roadmap.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to shape the roadmap and vision of our product.
- Partner with Design, Product, Data, and Engineering teams to shape product design and specifications.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- Ideally 5 years of full-time working experience in full stack web development.
- Proven leadership ability working with team members and cross-functional partners in a highly collaborative environment.
- Experience mentoring and leading other engineers.
- Experience with experimentation and data analysis.
- Understanding of web security and performance best practices.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.