Our full stack engineers bridge the gap between backend data and the frontend websites of Yelp. Our goal is to provide the best user experience to millions of users and we’re excited to dive into any area of the web stack to make it happen.
Yelp engineering culture is driven by our values: we’re a cooperative team that values individual authenticity, and encourages “unboring” solutions to problems. We enable all new engineers to deploy working code their first week, and your impact will only grow from there with the support of your manager, mentor and team. At the end of the day, we are all about helping our users, growing as engineers, and having fun in a collaborative environment.
Where You Come In:
- Design and build new features to connect Yelp with large scale businesses.
- Implement beautiful layouts that work across all of Yelp’s platforms (desktop, mobile browsers, and mobile apps).
- Deploy projects in a Service-Oriented Architecture, all the way from backend services to fully-featured UIs.
- Run A/B experiments and dive into the resulting data to look for trends.
- Collaborate closely with product managers, designers, and other engineering teams.
- Mentor other engineers and share the skills you’ve learned.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- Based or willing to relocate within Germany
- Deep understanding of at least one popular server side web framework (Django, Flask, Rails, Pyramid, Laravel, Express, etc.) or modern JS frontend framework (React, Angular, Ember, etc.)
- Understanding of web security and performance best practices.
- Comfortable working in a Unix Environment.
- Experience with popular Python libraries/tools (Pyramid, pytest, tox, SQLAlchemy) is a plus
What We Offer:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, an awesome team, and a dynamic work environment
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase program
- 30 days paid vacation per year plus one floating holiday
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays
- Regular 3-day Hackathons and weekly learning groups, always with interesting topics
- Opportunities to participate in digital events and conferences
- Complementary elective German lessons for international employees
- Subsidization of your public transportation card and €64 per month toward any wellness activity of your choice
- Quarterly team offsites