Yelp is used by millions of small and local businesses to manage their online presence. Local Businesses are turning to Yelp because we’re uniquely positioned to help them to grow their business and reach their potential customers. Our Product and Engineering teams have partnered with Local Businesses to identify their needs and build innovative products and features to support them. Our commitment to connecting people with great local businesses has never been stronger.
We are looking for a seasoned product manager to lead the charge for building new products and features for local business owners to manage online presence, advertise, and connect to potential customers. If you are looking to own a key part in our mission to help local businesses to grow, work in a billion dollar revenue company, and work with a cross functional group of Engineering, Design, Marketing teams, Biz Ops, Data Scientists, and other Product Managers then this role is for you.
The team you’ll work with is creative, nimble, and fun. The culture at Yelp is a unique environment combining the best parts of being at a startup with the stability and resources of a successful public company. You’ll have full ownership of the product you’re working on and will be able to make fast decisions in a highly collaborative environment. Your work will have a huge impact on Yelp and the local business community.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
This opportunity is fully remote and does not require you to be located in any particular region. We welcome applicants from throughout Ontario.
Where You Come In:
- Think deeply about our users (research, data, interviews, etc.) their problems, and how Yelp Connect can solve them.
- Balance of being consumer focussed and listening to the need and wants of local businesses.
- Identify, analyze, and prioritize products and solutions to help small and local businesses manage online presence, advertise and connect to potential customers.
- Collaborate on developing a product strategy to evolve an emerging product into a source of significant value for our users and Yelp.
- Guide a team of designers, engineers, data scientists, marketers, and other stakeholders to implement high-quality solutions
- Work with our all-star engineering team to implement and roll out new features that drive revenue to our local business.
What It Takes To Succeed:
- 4+ years of product management experience.
- Experience in consumer-facing content products (especially social media).
- Enjoys working with a very broad array of stakeholders as the Connect - Local Biz team affects both Consumer and Biz parts of Yelps organization.
- Solid understanding of metrics and strong analytical skill, with experience in A/B testing is a plus.
- Business savvy and metrics driven to make the right product investment decision.
- Problem solver: connect the dots, make sense of data, and offer creative solutions to unblock the team to execute.
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate with many stakeholders across different parts of the organization.
- Excellent in execution: you make things happen.
- Vaccination against COVID-19 is not required for this role. We nonetheless encourage all employees to get vaccinated. Employees who are not vaccinated may not visit Yelp’s offices or participate in any in-person work activities, and are not eligible to transfer or be promoted to a role that requires vaccination.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other protected status.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.