Security Site Manager
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for employees and guests, as well as safeguard company assets.
- Contribute thought leadership and counsel in all areas of safety, security, and privacy as it relates to the company and executives.
- Manage and train a team of professionals including security staff and contractors; evaluate the effectiveness of these individuals in carrying out security objectives.
- Coordinate and oversee security vendors who operate at your assigned Yelp site(s) and ensure that standard operating procedures are up to date and adhered to.
- Plan, develop, and implement physical security guidelines, policies, and procedures, employing an understanding of security business controls, strategies, and methodologies to ensure ongoing security in key areas, such as: access control at your assigned site(s), technical security and early-warning systems, emergency planning and response, investigations, assessing & managing threats, etc.
- Maintain living database of security incidents and threats; be aware of executive travel to your site(s) to assist with close protection and to mitigate risks.
- Manage security metrics tracking processes.
- Craft post orders and operating procedures.
- Draft and/or edit security incident reports and develop metrics to measure security effectiveness.
- Work with government agencies to foster and maintain a positive working relationship (local, state, and federal).
- Conduct security investigations and coordinate with external law enforcement, emergency services, building security, and government agency professionals on an as needed basis.
- Recommend industry’s best practices and available tools to protect physical site(s) and on site personnel.
- Maintain all information and physical security systems and recommend new procedures and upgrades, as appropriate with substantiation.
- Execute physical and technology based security audits at your assigned Yelp site(s), to include proposing recommendations based on industry best practices and experience.
- Ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, and availability of security systems.
- Keep senior management informed of security-related issues on an ongoing basis (periodic reporting).
- 5+ yrs of professional experience in corporate security or related high tech environment - preferred.
- Bachelor degree and/or CPP Certification or similar – a plus.
- Familiarity with Lenel – a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly.
- Proven leadership and organizational skills.
- Effective at developing internal and external partnerships.
- Experience as a liaison with federal, state, and local government and law enforcement agencies – a plus.
- Exemplary and unquestionable personal integrity and moral compass.
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Senior Training Manager, Local Sales
Sahr runs Yelp's Sales Training Team in San Francisco. Combining friendly fun with hands-on learning, she shows new hires how to shine on the sales floor.
Back to top