Ready to take your career in sales to the next level? Yelp is looking for Sales Managers of all levels to join as key members of Yelp’s Local Sales team. With over 138 million unique monthly visitors to the site, a rapidly expanding user community, and a built-in forum for consumer interactions, Yelp is a fantastic place for advertisers to reach an actively engaged audience. You will be responsible for managing a team of 10-12 inside sales executives while driving monthly revenue targets through new business acquisition. Our fast-paced sales team has a positive attitude and drive to win. This is a great opportunity to grow your career, make money, and have fun doing it.
Where You Come In:
- You will provide hands on coaching and feedback to a team of Account Executives, who are tasked with bringing in new business against monthly revenue targets
- You will coach, develop and motivate your team of reps to become top achievers and future leaders.
- You will share best practices when it comes to inside sales (phone) and closing effectively
- You will hold your team accountable to ensuring that our products, policies and pricing are communicated clearly and accurately to prospects, and that we leave a positive impression on everyone we interact with
- You will lead effective team meetings, one on one’s, and group trainings
- You will exceed monthly sales team quotas and successfully complete all activities that drive revenue generation
- You will implement strategic sales training, planning, and forecasting
- You will assess your team accurately to provide best coaching while quickly ramping on all of Yelp’s ad products and addressable market dynamics
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You operate at the highest standard of professionalism in meetings with internal and external clients and stakeholders, in personal presentation and general interactions.
- You consider yourself to be highly motivated, self directed and possess high energy.
- You can handle confidential information with discretion and maturity.
- You can operate with high integrity and personal accountability.
- You have a personal embodiment of all Yelp values.
- You must take initiative and be solution oriented at all times.
- You have an unrelenting work ethic.
- You are a self-starter.
- You have critical time management skills and personal judgment.
- You have an exceptional customer service focus combined with exemplary follow-through.
- You have 1+ years of experience effectively developing, managing and leading inside sales teams
- You are a thoughtful leader with excellent communication skills and high emotional intelligence
- You are able to empathize with, inspire and relate to a diverse workforce and a diverse customer base
- You have a consistent track record of success leading a team to exceed revenue goals
- You have a demonstrated ability to implement and train sales teams in strategic selling techniques
- You have strong leadership qualities with the ability to coach, develop and motivate a team
- You have experience developing sales plans and analyzing metrics
- You have experience selling digital products to SMBs preferred but not required
- You have Salesforce CRM experience, preferred but not required
- You hold a Bachelor's degree OR three years of customer-facing experience required
- You hold a HS Diploma or GED
What You'll Get:
- Compensation range is $58,000-$100,000 plus performance based incentives. You may also be offered Restricted Stock Units
- Available your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (Employee-only plans available at no cost to the employee)
- 15 days PTO per year for first 2 years of employment (accrual begins on date of hire); number of PTO days increases after 2 years of tenure, 7 paid wellness days, 12 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Vaccination against COVID-19 is not required for this role. We nonetheless encourage all employees to get vaccinated. Employees who are not vaccinated may not visit Yelp’s offices or participate in any in-person work activities, and are not eligible to transfer or be promoted to a role that requires vaccination.