Yelp is looking for Sales Managers to join as key members of Yelp’s Local Sales team. With over 138 million unique monthly visitors to the site, a rapidly expanding user community, and a built-in forum for consumer interactions, Yelp is a fantastic place for advertisers to reach an actively engaged audience. You will be responsible for managing a team of 10-12 inside sales executives while driving monthly revenue targets through new business acquisition. Our fast-paced sales team has a positive attitude and drive to win. This is a great opportunity to grow your career, make money, and have fun doing it.
Task At Hand:
- Provide on the floor sales management, inspiration and coaching to a team of Account Executives in our Chicago Merchandise Mart office who are charged with bringing in new business against monthly revenue targets
- Coach, develop and motivate your team of reps to become top achievers and future leaders.
- Share best practices when it comes to inside sales (phone) and closing effectively
- Exceed monthly sales team quotas and successfully complete all activities that drive revenue generation
- Implement strategic sales training, planning, and forecasting
- Assess your team accurately to provide best coaching while quickly ramping on all of Yelp’s ad products and addressable market dynamics
- 3+ years of experience effectively developing, managing and leading inside sales teams
- 3+ years experience selling digital advertising to SMBs
- Tenacious and thoughtful leader with reputation for emotional intelligence and winning spirit
- Remarkable and consistent track record of success leading a team to exceed revenue goals
- Deep understanding of digital advertising products
- Demonstrated ability to implement and train sales teams in strategic selling techniques
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to coach, develop and motivate a team
- Experience developing sales plans and analyzing metrics
- Proficient in Salesforce CRM
- Bachelor's degree
- Operates at the highest standard of professionalism in meetings with internal and external clients and stakeholders, in personal presentation and general interactions.
- Ideal candidates will be highly motivated, self directed and possess high energy.
- Exercises emotional intelligence in all verbal and written communication.
- Must handle confidential information with discretion and maturity.
- Operate with high integrity and personal accountability.
- Personal embodiment of all Yelp values.
- Must take initiative and be solution oriented at all times.
- Unrelenting work ethic.
- Be a self-starter.
- Critical time management skills and personal judgment.
- The ability to handle confidential information with discretion and maturity.
- Exceptional customer service focus combined with exemplary follow-through.
In Addition, You’ll Receive:
- Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- Competitive salary and quarterly commission
- 15 days PTO and 11 paid holidays
- Employee stock incentive
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Monthly gym subsidy
- Fully stocked Yelp kitchens
- Employee 401k Program with employer match
- Flexible Spending Account
Think you have what it takes to be a Sales Manager at Yelp? Send us your resume and a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a good fit, along with your office preference. Don’t forget to keep it useful, funny, & cool!
Back to top