Yelp is looking for Sales Managers to join as key members of Yelp’s Local Sales team. With over 138 million unique monthly visitors to the site, a rapidly expanding user community, and a built-in forum for consumer interactions, Yelp is a fantastic place for advertisers to reach an actively engaged audience. You will be responsible for managing a team of 10-12 inside sales executives while driving monthly revenue targets through new business acquisition. Our fast-paced sales team has a positive attitude and drive to win. This is a great opportunity to grow your career, make money, and have fun doing it.
Task At Hand:
- Provide on the floor sales management, inspiration and coaching to a team of Account Executives in our Chicago Merchandise Mart office who are charged with bringing in new business against monthly revenue targets
- Coach, develop and motivate your team of reps to become top achievers and future leaders.
- Share best practices when it comes to inside sales (phone) and closing effectively
- Exceed monthly sales team quotas and successfully complete all activities that drive revenue generation
- Implement strategic sales training, planning, and forecasting
- Assess your team accurately to provide best coaching while quickly ramping on all of Yelp’s ad products and addressable market dynamics
- 1+ years of experience effectively developing, managing and leading inside sales teams
- Thoughtful leader with excellent communication skills and high emotional intelligence
- Consistent track record of success leading a team to exceed revenue goals
- Demonstrated ability to implement and train sales teams in strategic selling techniques
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to coach, develop and motivate a team
- Experience developing sales plans and analyzing metrics
- Experience selling digital products to SMBs preferred but not required
- Salesforce CRM experience preferred but not required
- Bachelor's degree OR three years of customer-facing experience required
- HS Diploma or GED
- Operates at the highest standard of professionalism in meetings with internal and external clients and stakeholders, in personal presentation and general interactions.
- Ideal candidates will be highly motivated, self directed and possess high energy.
- Exercises emotional intelligence in all verbal and written communication.
- Must handle confidential information with discretion and maturity.
- Operate with high integrity and personal accountability.
- Personal embodiment of all Yelp values.
- Must take initiative and be solution oriented at all times.
- Unrelenting work ethic.
- Be a self-starter.
- Critical time management skills and personal judgment.
- The ability to handle confidential information with discretion and maturity.
- Exceptional customer service focus combined with exemplary follow-through.
In Addition, You’ll Receive:
- Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- Competitive salary and quarterly commission
- 15 days PTO and 11 paid holidays
- Employee stock incentive
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Monthly gym subsidy
- Fully stocked Yelp kitchens
- Employee 401k Program with employer match
- Flexible Spending Account
Think you have what it takes to be a Sales Manager at Yelp? Send us your resume and a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a good fit, along with your office preference. Don’t forget to keep it useful, funny, & cool!
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top