Product Manager - Yelp Reservations
What You Will Do:
- Experience: This is not your first rodeo. You’ve managed high profile consumer apps for four years or more.
- Techie Cred: CS or similar degree so you can talk to our enignerds about Python or Objective-C, execute SQL in our data warehouse and dig through our logs and visualize them with Splunk.
- Problem Solver: Love to figure out complex problems and constantly think about how to make processes more efficient.
- Design Chops: While Yelp PMs hold technical degrees, we're also passionate about design and have either schooling or significant experience building beautiful sites or apps. You should, too.
- Passion about the Restaurant Space: You love the world of restaurants and appreciate their core needs in a technology product.
- Non-Nerd Empathy: You're interested in Hacker News, Product Hunt, etc. as much as the next guy, but you also recognize that you're designing for a non-techie audience.
- A Conditional Love for Yelp and Yelp Reservations: Like a BFF or a tee ball coach, you should love us but also be able to tell us what we're doing wrong. You'll need to be able to dish out the criticism here and take it, too.
- A Need for Speed Coupled With Cautious Optimism: Daily release cycle? Bring it, but still rock steady with stability and uptime.
We Are Looking For:
- Define services, products and features that enable restaurants to increase their reservations and operational efficiency.
- Work with our passionate and talented engineering, design and management team to hone and iterate on your ideas.
- Directly and indirectly connect with the customer regularly.
- Identify, analyze and prioritize new features and issues.
- Manage the design/build/test/release/measure process end-to-end.
- Strive for design perfection but love to release and iterate.
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Jorge creates new artifacts and features for Yelp’s website. He makes sure that tools are scalable, and that Yelp can support the increase in traffic as it expands around the world.
Back to top