Product Manager - Search & Discovery
What You Will Do:
- Make the search experience an intuitive and elegant part of the way our millions of users connect with great local businesses.
- Work with our all-star engineering team to hone and iterate on your ideas.
- Identify, analyze and prioritize new features.
- Manage the design/build/test/release process end-to-end.
- Strive for product perfection but love to release and iterate.
We Are Looking For:
- Techie Cred: CS or similar degree so you can talk to our enginerds about Python and naive Bayesian algorithms without a translator.
- Design Cred: Search is a technical space, however we're also excited about design so a passion for building beautiful tools is a plus.
- Passion about the Space: You love the world of social networking, local search and consumer products.
- Non-Nerd Empathy: You pay attention to Bitcoin exchange rates and drone delivery services as much as the next nerd, but you also recognize that you're building for a non-techie audience.
- A Conditional Love for Yelp: Like a BFF or a tee ball coach, you should love us but also be able to tell us what we're doing wrong. You'll need to be able to dish out the criticism here and take it, too.
- A Need for Speed: Daily release cycle? Bring it!
- Search Experience: Experience with local search or large-scale search systems, or experience with Machine Learning, NLP, Data science or similar areas.
- Experience in a quantitative role or science (Astrophysicist, Economist, Astroeconomist, etc.) a plus.
What You Will Learn:
- Finding the right mix of the latest machine learning techniques and the simplest heuristics to satisfy user needs rapidly and accurately.
- Using context and user signals to surface places that the user yet doesn’t know they love.
- Going beyond ML techniques to make suggestions not just accurate but compelling.
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Jorge creates new artifacts and features for Yelp’s website. He makes sure that tools are scalable, and that Yelp can support the increase in traffic as it expands around the world.
Back to top