Product Manager - Monetization
What You Will Do:
- Work with our all-star engineering team to implement and roll out new ad features, this includes working on our self-serve business owner’s site and app, or working on rep-assisted sales tools.
- Communicate roadmaps and feature releases to executive, sales, business marketing, and business operation stakeholders at Yelp.
- Identify, analyze, and prioritize new features and issues.
- Manage the analyze/build/test/release process end-to-end.
- Strive for product perfection but love to release and iterate.
We Are Looking For:
- Passion for small businesses (and advertising!): Our primary users are small business owners. If you’re passionate about them and driving more business to them, this role is for you.
- Techie Cred: CS or similar degree so you can talk to our enginerds about Python, mapreduce jobs, and naive Bayesian algorithms without a translator.
- Design Chops: While Yelp PMs hold technical degrees, we're also excited about design so experience with and passion for building sites and apps is a must.
- Non-Nerd Empathy: You pay attention to Bitcoin exchange rates and drone delivery services as much as the next nerd, but you also recognize that you're building for a non-techie audience.
What You Will Learn:
- Monetization at scale: You’ll join a product team that’s scaling ad-product sales to over $1 billion dollars per year.
- Build products small business owners love: You’ll get in the minds of small business owners. All of our product managers frequently iterate with both business owners, sales, and account management on designs and prototypes.
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Jorge creates new artifacts and features for Yelp’s website. He makes sure that tools are scalable, and that Yelp can support the increase in traffic as it expands around the world.
Back to top