Product Manager - Location Intelligence
What You Will Do:
- Develop and manage the roadmap for the Location Intelligence team at Yelp.
- Work with our all-star engineering team to hone and iterate on your ideas.
- Identify, analyze and prioritize new features.
- Manage the design/build/test/release process end-to-end.
- Strive for product perfection but love to release and iterate.
We Are Looking For:
- Techie Cred: CS or similar degree so you can talk to our engineers about Python and Machine Learning without a translator.
- Passion about the Space: You love the world of social networking, local search and consumer products.
- User Empathy: You pay attention to Bitcoin exchange rates and drone delivery services as much as the next nerd, but you also recognize that you're building for a non-techie audience.
- A Conditional Love for Yelp: Like a BFF or a tee ball coach, you should love us but also be able to tell us what we're doing wrong. You'll need to be able to dish out the criticism here and take it, too.
- A Need for Speed: Daily release cycle? Bring it!
- Data Experience: Experience with Machine Learning, NLP, Data science or similar areas.
- Someone whose response to one of the questions above was “at what latitude?” Nice to have: Previous experience with location data, maps, geocoding, GIS.
- Nice to have: Software engineering experience in team setting.
What You Will Learn:
- Finding the right mix of the latest machine learning techniques and the simplest heuristics to satisfy user needs rapidly and accurately.
- How to tease meaning from many location data points, to define neighborhoods of interest, to tell stories with location data that are interesting to users, businesses, and other feature teams at Yelp.
- Manage the technical geocoding platform used by engineering teams at Yelp, as well as work on features with high consumer impact.
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Senior Training Manager, Local Sales
Sahr runs Yelp's Sales Training Team in San Francisco. Combining friendly fun with hands-on learning, she shows new hires how to shine on the sales floor.
Back to top