Product Manager - Local Biz (Remote)
- Flexible / Remote
Yelp is used by millions of small businesses to manage their online presence. We help small businesses to not only grow their business through Yelp advertising products but also a variety of Page Upgrades that give them more control over their Yelp page. We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to help scale our advertiser acquisition capabilities and effectively monetize the small business segment.
In this role, you will be leading the growth of our self serve ads channel with a focus on acquiring customers to our Ads products. You will understand the advertising needs of these businesses and effectively position our Advertising products to help meet those needs. You will play a key role in figuring out how we accelerate our revenue from the self serve channel and create a huge impact for the company.
If you are looking to own a key part in our self serve ads growth at a billion dollar ads company, and work with a cross functional group of Engineers, Designers, Marketing teams, Biz Ops teams, Data Scientists, and other Product Managers then this role is for you.
The team you’ll work with is scrappy, nimble, and fun. The culture at Yelp is a unique environment combining the best parts of being at a startup with the stability and resources of a successful public company. You’ll have full ownership of the product you’re working on and will be able to make fast decisions in a highly collaborative environment. Your work will have a huge impact on direct revenue & bottomline of Yelp.
Where You Come In:
- Listen to customer wants and needs, translate into product ideas, and prioritize product ideas based on the business metrics impact and company revenue.
- Develop a product roadmap for your engineering team, and write functional product requirements for UI/UX Designers and Engineers.
- Work closely with UI/UX Designers and Engineers to develop product features, and stay on-top of execution and deliver good quality user-friendly product features.
- Run A/B experiments on new product features, in collaboration with Data science to justify the experiments and make ship/no ship decisions on new product features.
- Dig into data, in collaboration with Biz Ops, question the data and analyse segmentation to find patterns and make business decisions and product areas to invest.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to drive top funnel traffic such as email, push notification, in product message, performance marketing etc.
- Communicate with the go-to-market team and many stakeholders across different parts of the organization about important updates about your products.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You have 3+ years of product management experience. Experience of working with small business owners; Growth and monetization experience is a plus.
- Customer obsession: you genuinely care for our customers and know their needs the best, and translate customers wants and needs into concrete product features
- You’re energized by driving revenue growth, you are business savvy and metrics driven to make the right product investment decision.
- Cross-functional: this role is highly cross functional where you will work very closely with the Engineering team, Marketing team, Design team, Biz Ops team, Data Science, Go to market team, etc. You will drive your projects and influence the roadmap of other cross functional teams.
- Problem solver: connect the dots, make sense of data, and offer creative solutions to unblock the team to execute. You thrive in ambiguity and lead the team to clarity.
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate with many stakeholders across different parts of the organization. You’ll need to go into a meeting discussing what to build, acquisition strategies, and back with data and analysis.
- A balance between strategic thinking and attention to details.
- Excellent in execution: you make things happen.
- Solid understanding of how to grow metrics and lots of practice running A/B tests.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top