Product Manager - Core Experience
What You Will Do:
- Sift through our mountains of high-quality review and photo data to deliver personalized, contextual information to Yelp users.
- Work closely with our design team to create intuitive, elegant mobile and web interfaces that will be used by millions of people.
- Work on the team that directly impacts the critical path people follow on Yelp: landing, search, business, reading reviews and viewing photos.
- Own your product’s destiny and create roadmaps for the team to reflect this vision.
- Measure the performance and retention of each feature you launch and set key-result metrics for the team.
- Move quickly. We strive for design perfection but love to release and iterate.
We Are Looking For:
- Techie Cred: CS or similar degree so you can talk to our enginerds about Python, map reduce jobs, and naive Bayesian algorithms without a translator.
- Design Chops: While Yelp PMs hold technical degrees, we're also passionate about design and have either schooling or significant experience building beautiful apps or sites. You should, too.
- Passion about the Space: You love the world of social networking, local search and consumer apps.
- Non-Nerd Empathy: You're interested in Hacker News, Product Hunt, Twitter, etc. as much as the next nerd, but you also recognize that you're designing for a non-techie audience.
- A Conditional Love for Yelp: Like a BFF or a tee ball coach, you should love us but also be able to tell us what we're doing wrong. You'll need to be able to dish out the criticism here and take it, too.
- Relevant Experience: You should have experience managing high-profile consumer applications for 3+ years.
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Jorge creates new artifacts and features for Yelp’s website. He makes sure that tools are scalable, and that Yelp can support the increase in traffic as it expands around the world.
Back to top