Product Manager - Content Products
Want to have an opportunity to make a real impact on a product you actually use? Want to join a small but mighty team?
Yelp connects over 170 million monthly active users with great local businesses. As a Product Manager on our Content group, you’ll focus on the parts of our app and website that collect and data mine volumes of detailed content about local businesses. The Content group’s goal is to provide unique insights to consumers using Yelp’s information about local businesses by focusing on content quality, depth, and coverage. You’ll work closely with our Product Design team to build beautiful and useful products for consumers.
As a Content Products PM, you’ll be responsible for products (including UI) that collect rich content from our vast and vibrant community of millions of contributors. You’ll have the opportunity to think creatively about making contributing to Yelp engaging, rewarding, and beneficial to the community of users who rely on Yelp every day.
The team you’ll work with is small, scrappy, nimble, and fun. The culture at Yelp is a unique environment combining the best parts of being at a startup with the stability and resources of a successful public company. You’ll have full ownership of the product you’re working on and will be able to make fast decisions in a highly collaborative environment.
Where You Come In:
- You will work closely with our engineering, design and data science teams to set the vision for the product.
- You will own your product area’s destiny and create roadmaps and processes for the team to reflect this vision.
- You will sift through our mountains of high-quality data to deliver personalized, contextual information to Yelp users.
- You will delve into the mechanics of creating high-quality user generated content to engage the community and grow reviews.
- You will analyze data to understand key leverage points in the core product experience that will influence long-term user retention.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You have 3+ years of experience building consumer facing products, especially community oriented products.
- You've got a passion for UX: your wireframes convey a product vision.
- You have a solid understanding of how to grow metrics and lots of practice running experiments.
- You're great with data: you can run your own queries and turn data into actionable insights.
- You have had experience managing the development process: you know how to make things happen.
- You play well with others - enjoy sharing knowledge and ideas with others as much as learning from them!
What You'll Get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental
- 15 days PTO (increases with tenure) and 11 paid holidays
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Access to fully stocked Yelp kitchens
- Flexible spending account
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top