Product Manager - Business Products (Toronto)
- Flexible / Remote
Yelp’s products are used by millions of people every day. The team you’ll work with is small, scrappy, nimble, and fun. The culture at Yelp is a unique environment combining the best parts of being at a startup with the stability and resources of a successful public company. You’ll have full ownership of the product you’re working on and will be able to make fast decisions in a highly collaborative, no-BS, no-bureaucracy environment.
We are looking for a seasoned product manager to lead the charge for building a new integrated outbound & inbound communication system to engage with local business owners. Our goal is to improve the efficiency and consistency of our marketing efforts to acquire and retain business owners on Yelp. Solving this problem end-to-end will require very close collaboration between a cross functional group of Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing teams.
If you are looking to own a key part of a platform at a fast-growing consumer company working with a cross functional group of PMs, Engineers, Customer Success, Marketing and Finance, this role is for you.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes
Where You Come In:
- Identify, analyze, and prioritize products and solutions that drive more business owners to engage with their business listing and Yelp’s business products
- Collaborate with our marketing, design, analytics, and engineering teams, and work with stakeholders to understand their motivations and needs
- Work with our all-star engineering team to implement and roll out new features that drive revenue in our enterprise business
- Manage the cycle of define / build / release / measure end-to-end
- Define roadmaps, prioritize features and evangelize product launches to executives, product managers, sales, business development, and other stakeholders at Yelp
- Move quickly. We strive for perfection but love to release and iterate
What It Takes To Succeed:
- 3+ years of product management experience
- Proficient in owning major company initiatives
- Familiarity with marketing technologies such as paid marketing, push notifications, etc
- Strong technical background that facilitates working with engineers and data scientists
- Solid understanding of how to grow metrics and lots of practice running A/B tests
- Great with data: you can run your own queries and slice & dice data to bits
- Experience managing the development process: you know how to make things happen
- Product planning extraordinaire: you plan and execute your roadmap with precision
- All-around leader: you can create a product vision that others want to follow
Local businesses are turning to Yelp because we’re uniquely positioned to help them reach their customers during these challenging times. Our Engineering & Product teams have responded by quickly identifying their needs and building innovative products and features to support them. Our commitment to connecting people with great local businesses has never been stronger.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top