Product Manager - Ads
Are you looking to own a key part of developing ads features at a billion dollar ads company? Want to work with a cross functional group of Product Managers, Engineers, Marketing teams, and Data Scientists?
Yelp is looking for a Product Manager to build state of the art ads features and algorithms. In this role, you’ll decide which ads capabilities to build for our entire advertiser base (national chains to mom & pop restaurants), and develop the features from whiteboard ideating through releasing them to our advertisers. In this highly visible and impactful role, you’ll work on products ranging from what we sell to advertisers, like keyword targeting, to product areas that govern how our ads system works behind the scenes, like implementing a new ad pricing auction.
Sound exciting? Keep reading.
Where You Come In:
- You will build state of the art ads features that increase the growth and engagement of our advertiser base.
- You will collaborate with other product teams to roll out new paid products to advertisers; features like Keyword Targeting, Distance Targeting, and every other advertising feature.
- You will build new ads pricing algorithms that dictate how we spend our advertiser budget; come up with ideas for and ship new bidding systems, new auction logic, data improvements for analyses, etc.
- You will communicate and evangelize technical concepts to less-technical audiences including the rest of the product org, customer success, and our executive teams.
- Example: https://blog.yelp.com/2018/07/new-custom-ads-features-on-yelp-distance-targeting-and-custom-ad-text
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You have 2+ years of product management experience. Digital advertising experience is a plus.
- You've got technical chops: experience solving difficult, company-critical problems. Preferred background in Physics, Math, Systems Engineering, or other hard science.
- You call yourself a problem solver: You love to figure out complex problems and constantly think about how to make processes more efficient.
- You're energized by translating customer needs and wants to concrete features.
- You have the ability to communicate with many stakeholders across different parts of the organization. You’ll need to go from a meeting discussing what to build to grow a national fast food brand’s ad spend, to a meeting with engineers building ad targeting algorithms.
What You'll Get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental
- 15 days PTO (increases with tenure) and 11 paid holidays
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Access to fully stocked Yelp kitchens
- Flexible spending account
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top